Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time's A-Wastin'!

Yikes. I kind of can't believe MLA is this coming weekend. I have to start thinking about packing! So many questions come to mind.

Whatever shall I wear?

However shall I best prepare to carry back the hundreds of pounds of pens and other fabulous loot I will surely accumulate?

What monsters am I likely to encounter?
As a sub-question to the above, what weapons will I need? Claymore? Pikestaff? Battle axe? Are we allowed to carry polearms on planes anymore? No? Than how, I ask you, am I supposed to fend off dire boars?

Will I be be able to meet my personal goal of gaining at least five pounds while spending no more than $5 per day on food?

Will I remember to pack my camera so that I can add magnificent photos to my official blog posts? I took it last time, but it malfunctioned weirdly, so I could only find a couple of blurry images at the end. I have some issues with that camera.

Anyway, there's clearly a lot to get excited about, and I'm revving right up.
.

3 comments:

erinserb said...

If I didn't know any better, this MLA Conference sounds like Happy Halloween :-) Make sure you get some candy with all those pens!

A'Llyn said...

MLA: Halloween, but with more librarians!

Anonymous said...

:-)
Enjoy A'Llyn - get lots of candy,errr... goodies!