Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fine Dining

Had a tasty dinner at Grotto in Boston this evening.

I like the classic bread and olive oil combo you often see, and they had a very nice olive oil here, with a fine, mild flavor. And actual olives for garnish!

They do a prix fixe three-course menu, but you can also order items individually, so I passed on the first course lest I be too full for dessert, which is obviously far more important.

After bread, I had a fabulous goat cheese and spinach ravioli, with so many adorable little mushrooms to add a nice heartiness and texture. Mushrooms!

Finally, a warm chocolate cake that was super-deliciously flavored with cocoa and nicely complemented by ice cream.

Even having wisely foregone the appetizer, I had to bring some of the cake home. I couldn't bear not to keep it, but also couldn't face trying to finish it.

I'm still half in a food coma even now, so I don't remember if I was going to post about anything else today. I would recommend this place if you happen to be in the neighborhood.

.

No comments: