Monday, May 3, 2010

Bloggy Goodness Awaits

My legions of devoted followers, I bring exciting news: I have been selected to be an official blogger for Medical Library Association annual meeting in DC next month. Woohoo!

I did this last time I was at MLA, in Chicago in 2008, and I, at least, thought it was a lot of fun.

I vow to bring to this important task the same somber mien with which I approach all important things I do: ever alert for killer robots and free food, taking notes at near-obsessive levels, and with a highly critical eye for health and technology tie-ins in any movies that may be shown. (I don't see any on the event calendar, but one never knows.)

In the meantime, I will continue to boil water for at least one minute, since the metro Boston area still lacks drinkable tap water. People were very unhappy about the lack of coffee today. It seems that the coffee makers in places like Dunkin' Donuts are automated and hooked up to the pipes, so they don't have the option to boil the water before making coffee. As a result...no coffee.

I don't usually drink coffee, but I did miss my morning tea. It's just more trouble than it's worth to try to heat tea water in the microwave.

Seeing people carrying their stores of bottled water around reminds me of how I lived in the country in Arizona for a while when I was little, and people used to carry water around there, although in big sturdy containers instead of little bottles.

The advantage of the current situation is, at least the water is OK to wash in. Life would be less pretty if we couldn't take showers.

Oh my yes.

.

1 comment:

erinserb said...

hey, congrats to you about blogging - i remember you had that Mac Book heated up with great posts..hmmm. Washington DC - quite a difference from MLA in paradise last year - have fun :-)