Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just Stock up on Wine Instead

Perhaps you've heard that Boston and surrounding towns are having some drinking water issues. I'm just waiting for some delicious boiled water to cool right now, in fact.

I heard people talking about just stocking up on bottled water, but I also read that some stores are running out of it, plus, come on, I'm going to buy water using my perfectly good hard-earned money when I can just stick some in a pot and turn on the gas? (The use of gas does require some perfectly good hard-earned money as well, but even without doing the math I'm going to state with a high degree of confidence that the cost per potable ounce of water will be significantly less.)

Boiled water has at least two advantages over bottled water in my book:


  1. I don't have to spend the aforementioned perfectly good hard-earned money
  2. I don't have to leave the house, which holds my beloved laptop/internet combo and my video games
  3. I don't have to deal with getting rid of all those stupid little plastic bottles when the water is gone


OK, so there's the reason I didn't want to do the math on the cost of gas vs. bottled water: I can't count.

.

1 comment:

erinserb said...

i hope u guys get the water fixed, what a catastrophe with a major water main break - it made national headlines

as for bottle-water, isn't that what Perrier is for? It even comes in plastic bottles now (except they're green), even Evian comes in plastic. But for the environmentally conscious, Perrier does come in good 'ole glass bottles; you would would think I bought some stock in Perrier this past week :-)