Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Careful with the Numbers

Useful little post on The Health Care Blog about the importance of understanding statistics, and how few people actually do.

I have the classic How to Lie With Statistics in my office somewhere, although I haven't gotten around to reading it, and I've never taken a statistics class, but I know I should. It's infamously possible to make all kinds of arguments seem plausible using cleverly spun statistics, and I should know how to do it!

How else will I further my plans to achieve world domination via misdirection?

.

1 comment:

erinserb said...

If you have a good instructor, statistics can be a very good time. I don't even like math, but I had a great teacher and the textbook was excellent too. I gotta get that book you have; I think I'd need it just about anywhere.