Sunday, May 9, 2010

Great. I'm a Vampire.

I'm playing this game called Oblivion, in which you can get turned into a vampire. It assumes the usual disease model of vampirism (hence its health-related relevance!), so you catch it from getting bitten--I guess.

I never noticed having been bitten, but I was fighting some vampires, and then next thing you know I'm having fearsome dreams and getting hurt by sunlight. A little thing like getting bitten in the middle of a fight to the death with a vampire pickpocket could happen to anyone, so it's not surprising it slipped by me.

Sadly, in this game you don't get to be a cool sparkly vampire with lots of angst and brooding, you're just a shriveled-looking, red-eyed thing who arouses pity and alarm in others.

Now as I was saying, there are totally some health aspects to this game, since there are all kinds of diseases you can catch in addition to vampirism. It's a dangerous world out there!

And just as in the actual dangerous world, you can often be completely cured of these diseases by drinking a potion. So I'm learning a lot.

On that note, happy Mother's Day, mothers! I promise I won't bite you. Today.

.

No comments: