Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good Thing I Waited

As faithful listeners* will no doubt recall, I was staunchly determined not to sully the pure data of my census form with premature speculation, and have been anxiously awaiting this day so that I could accurately report who is living at this address on April 1, 2010.

And it's a good thing I held off, too, because if I had mailed it yesterday I would have said it was just me and my spouse, but overnight we adopted triplets, and that makes a big difference!

Also, I finally succeeded in my long personal quest to become a lich, which as faithful listeners** will no doubt recall is a type of undead monster, so I am technically no longer living here or anywhere else.

A simple situation becomes complex in a matter of hours: and yet I was supposed to just go ahead and ignore the strong possibility that exactly this would happen, and just send in the form early, recklessly disregarding how quickly information can get completely out of date in this fast-paced modern world?

Yeah--I think not.

I suppose I should say "April Fools!" after that, but honestly, I would have made exactly the same dumb joke if the census had asked about any other day, so it hardly seems worth it.


*To themselves reading my blog posts out loud for some reason.

**To themselves or others reading the D&D Monster Manual out loud for any number of very good reasons.

.

No comments: