Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brain Trickery Revealed?

It's been some time since I found a chance to publicly fret about my conviction that my brain is trying to deceive me for some nefarious purpose that is as yet undetermined, but I hope to get more fuel for that theory this evening.

There's a magic show here at the school where I work, followed by a presentation on the neurobiology that allows us to perceive/be fooled by professional magic! Doesn't that sound awesome?

I can't wait to learn some of the underhanded tricks my brain is playing on me.

It's specifically for the neurobio folks at the med school, including a reception for students who just finished the CNS track, but they said it was open to all, so I'm there.

As far as I'm concerned, "open to all" + food = "hey you, with the fabulous red hair genes, you've got to get in on this!"

.

2 comments:

erinserb said...

for the record, for those with curly haired genes, I guess we don't apply :-)????

A'Llyn said...

Only you can determine what "open to all" says to you! :)