Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Joining the Justice Squadron

I have jury duty tomorrow. The instructions say to show up in "proper dress" and that no cell phones are allowed in the courthouse. I mean, the Municipal Fortress of Vengeance.

Gee, why don't they just paint a business suit on me and gag me at the door?

They suggested leaving cell phones in the car, but what about those of us who don't take cars to the courthouse? I have to leave my phone at home?! So no cell phone all day? That's inhumane!

Ha. It wasn't that long ago that I went out without a phone all the time.

It is kind of inconvenient now, though, since if I want to give people at work an update on when I'm going to be back in, I'll have to find a pay phone (and those are hard to find these days) or shout really loudly, or follow some other potential juror back to their car and beg to borrow their cell.

Oh well. I suppose moment-by-moment updates aren't crucial.

I'm totally awesome and phenomenal and stupendous, but things will probably stagger along without me for a day.

Now if I somehow wind up on a jury for a trial that lasts multiple days, I can't make any promises.

.

No comments: