Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things I Saw on Twitter

Today, of course, the dramatic news from the Library of Congress feed that they're going to be archiving every single tweet ever posted. That's a heck of an archive.

Here I thought I'd have to write a book to get my work into the Library of Congress!

The news was also announced on Facebook and the LOC blog. The Library of Congress is on top of their social networking technology.


Also, yesterday I saw MedlinePlus promoting a piece on birthmarks, so I had to look up mine. It turns out it seems to be a version of the Mongolian blue spot, although since these "are almost always gone by adolescence," mine appears to be unusually persistent.

In case you don't feel like clicking the link, this is a "bluish to bluish-gray" mark often appearing at the base of the spine.

It's like I got a free one of those lower-back tattoos that were so popular, only instead of being a colorful symmetrical pattern, it's an amorphous purplish blob. But free!

Twitter: linking the world to important information.

.

No comments: