Sunday, August 9, 2009

Whither MyNCBI?

Catching up on the latest news about the long-promised PubMed redesign, I was caught up short by the following info from the question and answer list:

  • Is “Preferences” replacing “MyNCBI”? Undecided.

Well, for pity's sake. I was just working on a tutorial for MyNCBI, which I personally have long loved and wished to introduce to the eager masses of students.

Now it might not even exist under that name!

Guess I better put that project on hold. No point in recording detailed, throat-hoarsening Captivate tutorials if the thing I'm talking about could look different in a month (the current proposed launch date is mid-September).

If only I had a huge and ever-growing collection of other projects to work on instead.

Thanks to the Krafty Librarian for the tip.

No comments: