Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Reviewing a Thing or Two

Zipcar: Love it.

My sister is moving across town, and needed some stuff hauled from one place to another. Not a lot of stuff--a footlocker, some plastic storage bins, several boxes--but more than would easily fit into the single car belonging to my household.

So I reserved a little Zipcar SUV, easy as pie, and got the job done in a few hours for under $40. Even filled the tank with gas, which is included in the Zipcar rental.


Honda Element: Quite like it.

This was the little SUV I used, and I was quite pleased. I am not one of those people who really enjoys feeling that I'm driving a hulking behemoth that's eight feet off the ground, so this was a good option. It handles very nimbly and feels very manageable for something that holds as much as it does (easily one footlocker, two large plastic storage bins, and five or six large cardboard boxes--I forgot to count).

The rear seats fold up out of the way to make more room in the back, and this was easily accomplished with a quick review of the owner's manual. I don't necessarily want to ever own a car again, but if I should need to, and should want something that holds a fair amount, I would consider this vehicle. In the meantime, I'll certainly keep it in mind for the next time I need to haul some stuff.


Berryline Frozen Yogurt: Adore it!

If you have not had Berryline, and you are anywhere near Boston, you must go. There may be a line, especially on these hot evenings, but it usually moves pretty quickly, and is worth the wait. They do 'tart frozen yogurt,' which is a way of saying that it tastes more like regular yogurt.

Most frozen yogurt is sweeter and seems to be working on being indistinguishable from ice cream. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy that frozen yogurt, and I very much enjoy ice cream, but the slight tartness makes a taste sensation all its own. It's fantastic with fresh fruit.

Just try it.


All in all, it has been a most satisfactory evening.

No comments: