Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update Your Pages

I found this amusing note upon logging out of the Personnel section of the website at work today:

For added security, If you are using this application in a public area, you may wish to close the current window -or- quit Netscape Navigator/Internet Explorer. This step clears 'left over' visited images from memory.

It's amusing to me not because of the advice to close window/quit browser -- that's obviously wise counsel, and I do it when using public computers -- but because it assumes that the only browsers someone would be using are Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer.

If you don't keep an eye on these sorts of things, they become entertainingly dated in no time! At least it's entertaining for someone like me who apparently has nothing better to think about of a Wednesday.

That reminds me I should update my own various profile pages and so forth, but on the other hand, if I don't get around to it, I can imagine it providing a moment's amusement for some other worrisomely under-occupied person someday. If that's you...enjoy!

.

No comments: