Thursday, August 20, 2009

Party Idea

I see on Healthbolt that it is World Mosquito Day: the date when, in 1897, the connection between mosquitoes and malaria was discovered.

The day is seen less as a celebration of all things mosquito--though someone would probably be up for that party--than as an occasion to press for continued work in the battle against malaria.

Come to think of it, I would be up for that party if it involved a theme event where everyone dressed up as mosquitoes for charity and drank red wine through straws or something. We could have contests to see who could most effectively puncture a plastic bag full of wine with their straw! Oh, this could be good. All proceeds go to anti-malaria programs, of course.

I have previously expressed interested in mosquito-killing lasers, but since I haven't seen these on the shelf in my local grocery store yet, I assume they must still be in development.

2 comments:

erinserb said...

would "male" mosquitoes be able to attend the party? They supposedly do not bite because they don't live long enough to feast on us :-)

A'Llyn said...

Anyone can attend if they bring some wine!