Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Keeping Records

It's just one thing after another.

Not only were we using a forbidden symbol in our cataloging (which I still plan to correct, as soon as I get word on what new, allowable symbol has been assigned to signify the needed characteristic), but now we get word that we must do a Purge.

All the items referred to in records that have been assigned various status notes indicating that they are not where they ought to be must be sought!--and, if not found, must be given up for lost, and their records deleted.

It's a good project, certainly. I'm all for streamlining the catalog. Records for items that do not exist serve only to frustrate anyone who might happen to be seeking said item.

The only thing is, it's about Project 12 on my list right now. Where is the time to be found for all these worthy undertakings?

Here and there, I suppose. I am rarely bored, at least.

No comments: