Friday, February 13, 2009

Mmm, Sparkles

Mother Jones has an amusing post on a new candy bar from Mars called Fling.

It has sparkles on it, apparently. They're made of mica, which is a silicate mineral often enjoyed by me as a child when I found it in rocks or in the road. I liked to find it in big flat flakes; I'd imagine having a really huge sheet that I could use as a window pane in my magic rock house.

But enough about my childhood dreams. Let's talk about how I feel about sparkly candy!

Well, I can't tell you how long I've waited and yearned for sparkly candy. Almost as long as for sparkly vampires.

I can't tell you how long, because is "not" a length of time?

It's not that I'm actually opposed to sparkles on food or drink -- I enjoy the novelty of Goldschläger as much as the next person -- but I have to say, it simply isn't a really pressing need of mine. Not that I wouldn't take one if you're offering.

No comments: