Sunday, February 15, 2009

What'cha Lookin' At?

Quite a while ago, iLibrarian had a post on this Mashable post on analytics programs, which track traffic to your website: how many visitors, where they came from, what search terms they used to find you, what pages they looked at, etc.

Since Google already owns most of my internet life, I just use Google Analytics, which was able to confirm my hunch that approximately no one looks at this site. 

Aside from my legions of devoted fans, that is.

It is pretty cool to see the little graphs showing traffic from day to day, mapping the location of visitors, and so forth. I bet it's especially interesting if you actually have traffic and visitors!

As far as I can tell, there's no option to bribe Google in order to get the actual names and addresses of your visitors so you can shake them down for candy. Oh well.
 

No comments: