Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Read My Writing, Will You?

I think not!

GruntDoc writes about a service called YourFonts that will turn your handwritten script into a formal font for use on all your pretend-handwritten documents.

I'm sure everyone can imagine a million uses for that, right? OK, in my case it's pretty much none, but it still sounds like a fun idea, even if I don't feel a strong need to impose my poor handwriting on anyone. I feel bad enough about the people who have to decipher it when it's actually handwritten, without fake-handwriting things.

I particularly like GruntDoc's amusing post title, "How Docs can continue to have illegible records in an EMR." Yeah, we may think electronic medical records will solve a lot of problems, but we're kidding ourselves. 

Illegible handwriting will triumph over all attempts to tame it. Writing reflects the soul, and the soul will not be caged! Or something.

No comments: