Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Penguins Lost Shall be Regained

So remember my cherished penguin bag from the American Physiological Society, that I got at MLA 2008 and carried around until it was tragically destroyed in a car fire?

And how I hoped the APS would have more of them at MLA 2010 so I could get another one?

Well, they didn't (they had another bag, which is also quite nice--very roomy and sturdy), but I related my sad tale to the wonderful woman at the booth, and she said "I think I still have one in my office--give me your card and I'll send it to you."

And she did!

The cherished penguin bag will roam the streets of Boston once again! (As a side note, what the heck is wrong with my camera? That weird blurring of the text there...no matter what I do with the settings, I can't get clear pictures these days. Do digital cameras just get old and blurry? Are my hands just constantly shaking without my realizing it?)

Thank you, Lucia at the American Physiological Society!

You totally made my afternoon. And the fabulous loot factor for MLA 2010 just went through the roof.

.

No comments: