Saturday, June 26, 2010

Meeting Up With Old Friends

I've decided to try to renew my old and longstanding, but lately lapsed, friendship with the public library.

One of the things about working in a medical library is that the collection contains very few items that I myself want to take home and read. And I miss reading.

A colleague pointed out that the Boston Public Library has a branch not far from work (duh--they have branches all over. Why did I never think of this? Laziness). So I'm going to try going there on lunch or on the way back to the train after work.

If I know in advance what I want to pick up, and go prepared with a call number (or have them hold it for me!), it shouldn't add more than, say 20 minutes.

I can surely devote 20 minutes once a week or so to nurture this important relationship. I would think.

We shall see.

.

1 comment:

brian said...

i love my public library (just a few blocks from my house on the drive home) reading some James Thurber and Laura Ingalls Wilder now. Happy 4th!