Monday, January 31, 2011

Reference Desk Empathy

I've been working on some lines to demonstrate how well I understand the pain of the people who come to the reference desk.

"I'm not saying med school isn't stressful, I'm sure it's challenging and whatever, but I was playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and there are these challenges involving the "followers of Romulus" (whom I keep referring to as Romulans because Ezio is thinking ahead to the days of Star Trek), and with the military inventions of Leonardo da Vinci, that will truly test your fortitude as a human being*."

I figure this will show how I understand the priorities of kids these days who are studying in the health care fields.


*There were times when I was literally screaming in frustration. I hope it didn't freak out the neighbors.

No comments: