Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What Book Goes There?

Hey, you should check out s.e. smith's first entry in a project to read and write about books that have frequently been the subject of challenges: The Year of Challenged Books.

The first post is on 1984. I should probably read that again. It's been a while, and I wasn't really paying attention to the artistic details and so forth. I didn't read it for a class or anything, so there was no formal discussion.

I was homeschooled, so the closest we had to book challenges was when my mom thought we didn't need to be reading Anaïs Nin's erotica quite yet and caused a couple of books to disappear. This is not so much a challenge, as that 'parental discretion' we're constantly hearing is such a good thing.

She was too late, anyway. We'd already thoroughly discussed the weird and juicy bits. By which I mean, pretty much all the bits.

Thanks anyway, mom. It was a nice thought, to try to keep me from being warped for life.

.

No comments: