Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pressing Health Issue of the Day

My throat is sore. I guess that's what you get when you talk for three hours straight.

At least I've done my part to ensure that another incoming class of medical students is familiar with the library's copy card policy.

The librarians are here for you, future doctors. Right by the copy machine.

I'm kidding, of course. I try to stay far away from the copy machine, lest I be unwittingly sucked into the vortex of terrifying formatting questions or toner replacement issues (mess not with the toner replacement!).

Actually, I'll be here for the future doctors next to this computer (or one much like it), thinking deep thoughts about call numbers and Medical Subject Headings, with my frowny drawn-on eyebrows giving me a misleading air of grave dignity.

I just wish I could grow a big beard to go with the eyebrows.

.

No comments: