Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Geek Digression Ahead

We're having some interesting adventures trying to coordinate our latest role-playing session using Google Drawing and Skype. It's good practice for important work-related online conferencing I may be called upon to do one day.

Oh, wait, I don't have to justify this. I'll be honest, then--it has no immediately foreseeable practical application.

It turns out to be about as hard as you'd think to come across a way to make use of ventriloquism in an adventuring situation.

Also, to find a reason to roll a d16. Any reason, any reason at all will be accepted! Very specific randomly chosen directions or phases of the moon is about all we've come up with.

Or I guess some sort of very heavy weapon. There are weapons that do d12 (between 1-12 points of damage, for non-geeks), so d16 is conceivable. Say, an extra-large greataxe with a nasty spiked blade!

You'd get better damage results with 2d8 or 4d4, though, so I don't know that anyone would be clamoring to carry it.

Especially not me. First Edition clerics can't use edged weapons.

.

No comments: