Monday, March 22, 2010

Fun With Your Internet

Combining some of the more frequent non-health topics on this here blog, Jane's E-Learning Pick of the Day has given me an online game about social networking and other web tech: Smokescreen.

It offers 13 self-contained but sequential parts with different missions, over the course of which you try to work out the solution to a mystery centered around an online social networking site called White Smoke, using web technologies like instant messaging, photo sharing, etc.

It looks lively and thought-provoking, plus with awesome UK slang!

I only played the first chapter so far, but it was pretty entertaining. I may go back for more. I'm not really in its target demographic since all the characters are teenagers (it's supposed to teach kids useful stuff about privacy and other features of the web world), but don't let that stop you. Kids these days have fascinating lives, you know.

Not like back in my humdrum adolescence, when we didn't even have social networks or adorable tiny computers or cell phones.

Or CDs. Or TV. Or telephones. Or running water. We sometimes had electricity, though!

I grew up in the 1920s.

.

No comments: