Friday, March 5, 2010

And The X-Ray Shows...

Those among my legions of followers who dislike me will be pleased to know that a follow-up x-ray on the broken collarbone shows that, while basically healing OK (not especially tender to touch), it is "slightly displaced."

I'm going to meet with someone in orthopedics in a while, and will not necessarily need surgery.

Of course "not necessarily" means "may possibly," and I can't even tell you how psyched I am about this idea.

Surgery! I've always wanted some! And just imagine the fun of going through this bone-healing process all over again, with wound-healing added!

I'm actually going to have to hope that it doesn't work out, and that the bone turns out OK on its own, because otherwise I may become giddy with enthusiasm and do something silly like offer unrestrained praise for a movie I've seen. We can't have that.

.

1 comment:

erinserb said...

Well, I am in the same boat as you, as I might have to have surgery on a stubborn kidney stone - they are bad news - they also give option of shockwave therapy too!