Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Need New Music

I think I may be coming down with the ague again! So far it's just a general nasty cold, though.

It comes with lousy, unrestful sleep as I wake up every few minutes to try in vain to find a comfortable position, or find that I'm coughing or sneezing or need to blow my nose, or am trying to gnash my teeth (which means fiercely gnawing on my mouth guard). And over it all, running through my head in wakeful moments and haunting my fevered dreams, some song...

Last time I was sick it was Pink's Raise Your Glass, playing in short chunks, occasionally with creative changes of wording that I could not later recall, all night long.

This time, for the past two nights, it's been snippets of I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog Sothoth (occasionally interspersed with the original but less amusing lyrics to I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus).

I'm...kind of over that song. I sense another night of horrible sleep ahead, and I really need to get a different tune going.

No comments: