Saturday, January 7, 2012

For Science!

You should probably check out this 50-question quiz from the Christian Science Monitor to determine whether or not you're scientifically literate.

I got 37 of them correct, or 74%, so I'm not especially scientifically literate, but could be worse. I did pretty well with the questions about planets, because I was into astronomy as a kid, and also the ones where the question included some sort of information about the answer like "from the Greek for..." because I read a lot and have picked up a lot of the basic Greek and Latin word roots over time, but I wasn't so hot on anything having to do with biology or physics.

Sigh...those are totally important topics that my knowledge base is the poorer for lacking. I will hang my head in shame.

I saw this on Skepchick.

No comments: