Monday, January 30, 2012

Exciting News!

Yes: it's just barely still light out at 5pm when I leave work these days!

It's kind of nice. Waking up in the dark, and then having it be already dark by the time I leave the office, just makes me feel I spend the whole day doing work stuff.

Then I have to come home and go straight to bed, because it's not as if we have artificial illumination or anything. I mean, not good illumination.

Sure, we could try to mend our socks by the guttering light of our single tallow candle if we wanted, but what's the point? It's easier to fold down the neck over the heel to make a new spot to wear out. (No, I'm not giving up on this idea.)

Anyway, now that there are some traces of light left at the end of the day, I can foresee the time when we'll be able to actually remain active in the evenings. It's gonna be awesome.

No comments: