Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fun With Your Library

I think I may have seen this in passing somewhere else, but just saw it again on the Wired site, where I actually noticed it: a treasure hunt sort of game called Find the Future (click for exciting video teaser!) to be played by 500 people staying overnight in the New York Public Library.

Wow, that's awesome.

There's pretty much nothing about it that's not wonderful. Spending the night in a library, hunting down fascinating items from the collection and, judging by the preview, joining your fellow players in writing a book about it. Nice!

The overnight event is May 20, and the game will be available to other players thereafter, both those visiting the NYPL in person and those joining in from online. I'm more likely to be in the latter group, since I haven't been to New York in about 10 years.

Brilliant. I hope this is a smashing success.

.

No comments: