Thursday, September 23, 2010

Continuing to Lend Other Peoples' Stuff

The Netflix-in-libraries story is continuing to move about on the web. An interesting little round up is on the scholarly kitchen, which has plenty of choice quotes.

Aunt B linked to it with her own choice quote: "I see the whole Google Editions made some of you think audacious enough violations of copyright are fine."

The short version is, there remains a good deal of doubt about the overall awesomeness of this practice from a legal standpoint, even though it's clearly pretty great if you just want to expand your collection access.

Believe me, I'm all about access!--but also, not getting sued.

I might have some more thoughts, except that I now have both allergies and a cold, and I'm so stuffed up I can barely breathe. Good times.

.

No comments: