Monday, July 13, 2009

Not a Drug! At All!

Interestingly, Cheerios has been called out by the FDA for claiming to be a drug. Dangerous Intersection has the news.

You can't just go around making specific health claims about your product, you know. People will start thinking they can rely on a specific result if they take a specific dose, and stuff.

I like Cheerios, but them's the rules.

This is why I like to make only broad, unverifiable claims about anything I talk about. Possibly, to a certain extent, not that anyone could prove it.

2 comments:

erinserb said...

well, if it did lower cholesterol the way they say it does, than I would go off Crestor - but that is not a good idea. I am a big fan of oatmeal in all of its ubiquitous forms :-)

Do you think Lucky Charms will need a prescription in the future?

A'Llyn said...

I also enjoy oatmeal. Lucky Charms, only on rare occasions, as a novelty.