Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Aw, Darn It

I missed a momentous occasion today, as noted on Alas! A Blog with the descriptively titled missive Posted at 12:34:56 07/08/09.

Maybe I can get it together to publish a post at 09:09:09 09/09/09. I haven't missed that one yet, and it's just as cool.

I have to admit I'm not very good with special dates, though. I'll probably think of it the next day.

But I'm also holding out for 11:11:11 11/11/11, which is arguably even more awesome since...only one can be the coolest date of all.

Hahahahaha!


Also, on a completely unrelated matter*, look at us here in Massachusetts, kicking up dust in federal court!

It was only a matter of time until DOMA got challenged from somewhere, and I reckon this state is a fitting candidate on account of our general fondness for riling things up on the marriage front.

I myself got married in another state, but I assure you it was riling-ly unconventional. My dress was blue! People were fainting all over. (You can trust my notoriously unreliable brain to remember this one correctly. I would never make something like that up for the sake of a feeble joke.)

Anyway, it will certainly be interesting to see how this shakes out.


*In terms of numbers. In terms of momentous occasions, we can just pretend I totally meant to have that connection in there rather than thinking of it minutes later.

2 comments:

erinserb said...

i was reading CNN news snippets and they said there was a baby born "precisely" at that moment, hmmmmm, now there into the 1/100 of a second birth time - guess it will look nice on the child's birth certificate.

Wouldn't it have been awesome if four babies were born in each U.S. time zone at that moment - that would be a little spooky ;-)

A'Llyn said...

They could grow up to be super heroes. Or villains. Or something.

Really depends on the genre, I guess.