Friday, July 17, 2009

NCBI Totally Loves Me

Oh, My NCBI, always coming up with new ways to impress me!

I like the (relatively new, I think) option to make public and share a collection, either by emailing a link to someone, or by just pasting it into your page like so:

I should note that "View my collection" is their default language for this link. I might also like to edit it to read:

Alternatively, and a little less dramatic with the colorful underlined link-y look, I might go with something like:
I found a few articles from NCBI, collected here as "Honey and wounds".

I could see this being handy if you're working with someone else on research, and want an easy way to say "here, this is what I found." Or if you wanted to share the results of some searches with your adoring legions. Heck, you could just do little collections of articles all the time to illustrate points you're talking about: "see here for suggested reading."

I like it.

I guess I can now never delete that semi-random collection I put together for demo purposes, lest my links go bad. Well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer set of articles about honey and wounds.


No comments: