Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fabulous Car Fortune Favors Me!

Hey, I won a Zipcar membership as part of their Low-Car Diet promotion!

The membership is only $50 a year, which is really very reasonable if you kind of want to have access to a car, but don't feel the need to own one. Insurance, taxes and parking would be a heck of a lot more than $50, even after you paid for the car.

I'm sort of tempted to reserve some cars and drive around just to try out different models--but that kind of a little bit defeats the purpose of the 'low-car' idea which is that for a month participants try to swear off cars. Also, we have to blog about it.

If only I were comfortable babbling on the internet! It's really too bad, is what it is.

Getting by without a car should be pretty easy for me on account of I already walk and take the train to work, but I've long found the Zipcar idea appealing, so it will be fun to know more about it.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear about it!

A'Llyn said...

I know, cool, huh? Further updates as events warrant. :)