Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cutting Cars

As well as being annoyed with the internet, I went to the Low-Car Diet kick-off event yesterday. I will plug it shamelessly on account of I like anything that gets me on the news. My fame must enlarged! Fed like the ravenous beast it is!

Anyway, I got a fine T shirt and a reusable shopping bag and other fun stuff, and got to drool over an attractive bright yellow MINI Cooper. I should have taken a picture.

This is the kind of car I would never actually buy, even if I were going to buy a car, but it would be kind of fun to drive one around.

Also to park it. I always see those tiny cars parked in little spaces that no other car would fit, and think "that person must be glad they have that car!" Good for the city.

Know what's even better for the city, though? No car. Parking in the city is always such a hideous, expensive affair. Outside of big cities, or even in big cities without public transportation, I know you pretty much have to have a car to get anything done (even for me, it makes grocery shopping and visiting people a lot easier), so it's nice to be somewhere with a few more options.


No comments: