Friday, July 24, 2009

Making Faces

So I've been hearing a lot the past few hours (thanks Healthbolt) about this software that lets you take a photo of yourself (or someone else, if you can bring yourself to be interested in anyone else) and reshape the face so you can see what you'd look like with, say, a different nose.

It's designed for plastic surgeons, but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't amuse ourselves with it too.

I could not resist giving it a shot with a handy photo of myself.

I always wondered what I'd look like with big, doe-like eyes. What the heck, a different nose as well. Might as well pout up those lips and sculpt those cheekbones as long as we're at it. And isn't there entirely too much forehead and chin on me?

I think you'll agree that the results are well worth the trouble.

I'll be saving up my money for plastic surgery as soon as I can spare some from the ice cream fund.

It's kind of weird, because it turns out you can change a lot without making the face completely unlike the original. Evidently we recognize faces based on some understanding of all the parts together, rather than the relative sizes of specific features.

As a sort of off-label use, I imagine this program could really be good for when you're playing D&D and you want a nice visual representation of your character who looks kind of like you but is half troll.


1 comment:

erinserb said...

that is pretty cool!