Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let Us Hold in Memory...

On this momentous day we commemorate the time when, as Got Medieval explains,

"Light from a star in the constellation Taurus going supernova reaches Earth. Arab and Chinese astronomers mark it down. Europeans, not so much. The remnants of that star come to be known as the Crab Nebula."

Also some sort of something to do with a British colony declaring freedom from tea or whatever. History was one of those subjects for which I could muster only desultory interest.

Heh. Happy 4th to my legions in the U.S.


2 comments:

erinserb said...

Hi :-) and Happy 4th to you too!

I promise not to have a desultory interest in history; one of my favorite subjects.

Thanks for making me look up "desultory" too!

A'Llyn said...

Yeah, I think history is fascinating too. I was just having some fun at its expense. :)