Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lonely Magazines

I can't be entirely making up that American Libraries and Library Journal always seem to arrive on the same day--it seems so familiar. Here they both are, again! 

They are thus placed in competition with each other for my limited attention, meaning that almost invariably I don't read either one of them for weeks. 

It's a sorry state of affairs, I can tell you.

Here they both are, again, on top of a pile of their equally neglected fellows, some old bank statements, my Player's Handbook, letters of solicitation from worthy causes I have not quite decided to ignore, and who knows what all else.

I want to read them, in theory. At least skim them. I just can't actually seem to tear myself away from blogs and knitting to do it. 

2 comments:

erinserb said...

yes, alas, my magazines become very lonely too. Maybe I could become a speed reader, btw, does somebody have that ability in their genes?? Oh well, on to read my March edition of Missouri Conservationist :-)

A'Llyn said...

I've heard discouraging things about speed reading...that you CAN learn to read faster intentionally, but comprehension suffers.

If I'm not going to comprehend it anyway, I might as well not even pretend I'm reading it, that's what I say. Back to the knitting instead! :)