Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowstorm? Whatever

I boldly went to work despite the falling snow. If the trains are running, I reckon I've got no excuse.

The library was actually pretty well populated with studying students, so it was nice that we were open to provide the space.

Since we were shorthanded, I also got to try out some new skills at the circulation desk, which was fun. I think I correctly checked out at least one book, and I'm pretty sure I answered two phone calls to the callers' satisfaction ("are you open?" -- "yes").

I really like having the chance to work on different things. I'm getting to where I feel reasonably comfortable with the day-to-day responsibilities of my own job, but sitting at the circulation desk, reading the manual trying to figure out how to locate and check out a reserve book, instantly made me feel all lively and doubtful again.

No comments: