Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Feel So Validated

Unshelved is talking about a homeschooled kid in the library this week, starting Monday, March 16.

As a former homeschooled kid who used to hang out in the library, I salute this recognition of my tiny demographic. Woohoo!

I spent a fair amount of time in the public library in my youth, reading magazines, working my way through the shelves, looking up whatever topic had my attention at the time. I took books home too, of course, but reading in the library was always good. It was this space that was for reading, so sometimes you just have to have a seat and peruse a book.

This was back in the mists of time before computers in libraries, or I probably would have been on the internet. I wonder what I would have made of the internet when I was a kid? Probably trouble.

I never had any run-ins with concerned adult patrons who wanted to call the truant officer, happily. 

No comments: