Saturday, January 31, 2009

Addicted to Free MP3s

I have a serious problem with my iPod. 

The problem is that I cannot stop downloading random free songs from Amazon. They post all kinds of weird stuff, samples of this and that, in hopes that you'll find something you love and buy the whole album. 

But there's so much of it, and I just keep thinking "heck, I'll take this, it's free--I'll listen to it and decide later if I want to keep it." Then I simply never even listen to it. There are too many songs, and I don't spend that much time listening to music.

Isn't there something sort of wasteful, lazy, wrong about stuffing an iPod with hundreds of songs I've never heard of, in fact never heard, and possibly never will hear? Would my time and music-listening attention be better used just enjoying the music that I actually like and that I own on purpose?

While I'm puzzling over that, I might as well download a few more songs. They might be just the ones I turn out to really love.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

On no! Must. Download. Free. Songs.

Thanks for sharing. :)

A'Llyn said...

I like to share my problems with others. :)