Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spooky Socializing

I have to love this Rough Type article for the title alone: Sharing is creepy. You know, it really is! (Hey, how come Nicholas Carr writes blog titles posts in sentence case, while I write them in title case? Am I horribly, horribly wrong?)

In addition to having an entertaining title, however, the post is also an interesting exploration of some of the odd aspects of social networking and web-habitation. It can be disconcerting to reflect on how much personal information we share, even when we've willingly chosen to do so in order to facilitate participation in online communities.

The post quotes a couple of other interesting pieces, including a Wired article I read a few days ago. Certainly we live in odd times.


In other news, it is the 36th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, and is Blog for Choice Day in the pro-choice blogosphere. 

I think you can guess which quote sums up my feelings on this matter: "Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!"

No comments: