Friday, January 9, 2009

I Am Easily Impressed

Sometimes I see something and think "that's an awesome idea! How fabulous that this exists!"

Then I realize it's actually old hat. Still cool, though!

Take for example the T Alerts program offered by Boston's public transportation system. I think it's pretty new, though I missed the official rollout (and I ride the T every day!--nobody tells me anything). It lets you sign up to receive text notices to your email address or cell phone if there are delays on the lines of your choice around the travel-hours you specify.

Isn't that cool? You can get an alert if your bus is running late! I was greatly impressed, until I recalled that you've been able to do that with flights and airports for years. 

Nevertheless, I tip my hat to the T for implementing a potentially useful service. 

No comments: