Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's True, I AM Ugly

Librarian In Black makes a good point about Gmail video chat with this post: "maybe I don't want to see your ugly mug."

Given my hideous dead-eyed visage early in the morning, this is a very good point.

I personally have not tried video chat, because I am not cool enough to know people who want to video chat with me, but the overall point of the post---that you're ugly---no, wait, actually I think the point is that having video associated with chat just as a matter of course may be unnecessary.

Because do we really need to see and be seen at our computers all the time? At a moment's notice, in our pajamas maybe, our hair uncombed, bad lighting...

My answer: yes. 

Why not? I'll just wear an adorable furry animal mask if I need to chat early in the morning.


No comments: