Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fun Stuff

David Rothman mentions a new way to pass the time: a game called Sneeze, in which you play a flu virus in a human host who must try to spread yourself around by infecting as many people as possible through well-timed sneezes.

It turns out the site that offers it, Routes (which was also an interactive mystery game/genetic exploration that ran from January through March this year--too bad I didn't hear about it then, it sounds fun), also has other entertaining games I can't wait to try.

During the live run of the game, you apparently could play for points and get prizes, which is no longer the case, but it still promises some fun--and in association with the Wellcome Trust, so you know it's also informative!

Breeder lets you try to "pass on your genes by mating with other players," and DNA Heroes asks you to match DNA sequences and "become a Nobel prize winning genius."

But here's the one you know I can't believe I haven't been playing nonstop since I learned to use a computer: Ginger Dawn.

It gives you the laudable goal of increasing the population of redheads in the world through spreading recessive red genes. Love it!

This site looks like a blast, and I totally plan to give these games a try. I'd be doing it right now, except I have to go watch Star Trek.

No comments: