Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Mother Was Right

--when she said not to worry about using antibacterial soap. Healthbolt backs her up, saying that most of the readily available varieties don't have enough germ-killin' power to sterilize your hands anyway. 

Plus, as my mom would say, you're just helping breed super-germs, because the strong ones will survive and come back to get you later. We've overdue for a pandemic, people! Don't encourage them! (Although those would probably be viruses. They're coming back to get us later too.)

But the point is, just use regular soap instead. I understand it's quite effective for most of your everyday situations, aside from surgery and caring for people with compromised immune systems, and it was good enough for your grandpappy, after all. I mean, unless your grandpappy used to clean everything obsessively with grain alcohol. Mine preferred Everclear.

Also, I can't be bothered to pay for fancy features like antibacteriality in my soap. I have an MP3 player to feed.



No comments: