Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Thrill of the Forms

Ugh. Time to think about doing taxes again. I'm having some issues with Free Fillable Forms, where I can't find a place to enter my W-2. I'll have to try again later.

I shouldn't have gotten married--my single income would be low enough to let me use one of the other, less clunky free e-file systems.

Ah, the halcyon days when I was young and poor and filing single with the smooth-running software of professional tax-preparation firms!

Needless to say, I'm not about to pay to file taxes now. I just don't hold with it. You can keep your smooth-running software, professional tax-preparation firms, while I fight it out with pencil and paper, if need be. When I get fabulously wealthy, which will surely be any day now*, I may reconsider.


*I have big plans involving grease. Or possibly savings and wise investments. But most likely grease.

No comments: