Monday, October 6, 2008

I Will be Interested in This

Jane's E-Learning Pick of the Day highlights what looks like another nifty tool: Capture Fox

It's not a way to save programming from Fox TV, which was my first guess, nor a way to conveniently steal pictures of foxes from nature websites, which I didn't think was very likely. It's actually a screen capture program that works with Firefox. 

I already have one of those, so mere screen capturing wouldn't excite me that much, but this one records frame by frame, and also saves your voice, so you can make little movies and tutorials.

Love it! It claims to be easy and free, two things that are hard to argue with. I have plans to try it out soon, and maybe use it next time we need to make some tutorials. 
 
I guess if I were really smart I'd try it out before I wrote about it, but it's not available for the Mac so I have to wait until I can play around with it at work, and I'm impatient. Besides, Jane wouldn't steer us wrong, would she?


2 comments:

Andrea said...

Have you tried Jing? http://www.jingproject.com/

Video, image, and little markup tools, available for mac & windows, automatic upload. Pretty awesome. I use it all the time doing chat reference at work.

A'Llyn said...

Yeah, I got Jing a while ago--it's cool!

I was intrigued by this Capture Fox program because it promises to do movies. To be honest, I wasn't able to get it to work when I tried today, so I'm not sure how awesome it is. Possibly it's having growing pains or something.