Saturday, October 8, 2011

Keep It Coming...

I will say about Elsevier that they know how to bribe a librarian.

I mean, win a librarian's heart. Because the way to a librarian's heart is with a good bribe.

In celebration of National Medical Librarians Month, they've sent out postcards with codes you can redeem for either chocolate or coffee. I picked chocolate, but the results show coffee currently in the lead with 58% of the vote.

I imagine coffee gets some votes for its legendary ability to make coherent thought possible first thing in the morning. Me, I drink green tea, so coffee has little hold over me.

Chocolate, on the other hand...

Bribery aside, I should note that having entered about a million of them into the catalog, I do quite like Elsevier's ScienceDirect interface to e-journals.



No comments: